Monday 17 March 2014

Love to Love

 
I am undoubtedly completely a hopeless romantic.
I am in love with the idea of falling in love but I am not in love yet. Although there was a time when I thought that I had been madly in love with the man who I shared my first kiss with. We met on holiday in the Canary islands, he was Irish, handsome, played the guitar and wrote songs...I know almost unbelievable and honestly he was lovely. I had just turned fourteen and he was turning twenty one...what can I say, he was a singing, Irish man. When I came home to Scotland and he went home to Ireland I didn't only have the 'holiday blues', I was heart broken and at the time I really did believe that I had lost the love of my life.

Fast forward some time to now, I am eighteen and haven't been in love yet. I get embarrassed  thinking about how I acted about the whole situation because I only knew him for a week and he was just a first kiss. I sometimes think maybe I did fall in love with my holiday man but at the time I had been going through a lot and I think it was just something to focus on even though it felt to me like I was Rose losing the love of my life Jack to the freezing cold water of the Atlantic ocean...


I never took this photo myself...just incase you thought I was on that plank of wood as well, seen as there WAS enough space for two people, its just off google images.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that even though I haven't been in love yet, I know when it happens to me its going to hit me like the iceberg to the titanic but in a good way. That sounds tragic and awful but I mean it in the sense that it would feel like the biggest, life changing moment of my life because I am so hopeless when it comes to things like that. My mum always says that I feel everything more than everybody else, whether its happiness, hurt, excitement or love and that she can only imagine how I will be when it does happen.

You may be able to tell by now that I see things from a different perspective than most people but that's just the way it is (I love when Gavin says that to Stacey on their wedding day- "I love you baby and that's just the  way it is").

Another thing, I am such a sucker for romantic movies, soppy love stories and cliché I Love You's. But I feel like that's another post. I hope there are other people like me who feel everything so deeply and cry 'happy tears' when the love story ends in the best way possible!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment