Sunday 6 April 2014

When life as you know it ends

I've mentioned before that I'm a wee bit of a hopeless romantic and I get super emotional at movies and there's one movie that gets me in a puddle of my own tears every time.

Its P.S. I Love You. It is one of my favourite films and I couldn't tell you how many times I have watched it. It has all the things I love; a romantic love story, Irish men and Irish men singing and playing guitars. It is super sad and it broke my heart when I first seen it...Ok it still does but its a must watch, its a great story and the music in the movie is amazing.

Not my photos, But had to borrow them to let you see...the scene when they first meet
















Added bonus to the film you get to see this dreamy man


















The guy in the picture above is William, one of Jerry's buddies who plays guitar too and sings in an Irish accent, best bit...you get to see him shirtless too. He will make your heart melt.

The movie is actually based on the book written by Cecelia Ahern, I have been meaning to read the book because my sister read it after she watched the movie (kind of the wrong way around) and said that it was still a great read.

One of my favourite scenes/songs from the movie is when Jerry (Gerard Butler) sings about when he met Holly (Hilary Swank) and jumps off the stage when he spots her in the crowd and sings TO her in front of everyone and kisses her with so much passion like he would have died if he didn't kiss her right then. The song is called Galway Girl and is by Steve Earle. Follow the link and you can hear the original but check out the covers of the song as well because there are some really magic ones.

Galway Girl by Steve Earle

I don't know why I do, but every time I'm feeling kinda low or sad I watch it. My mum always asks "why do you watch it when it makes you sad?". I don't really have an answer. It doesn't make me sad because at the time I already feel that way, it doesn't make me feel better either but it comforts me. I know that sounds really weird but when I watch the movie it consumes me I guess? Oh god, that sounds even worse so dramatic but its the only way I can explain it. Its something that I concentrate on almost, which doesn't stop me from feeling sad but makes me forget why I'm sad because what happens in the movie is a lot sadder than whatever I am feeling at the time.

I hope no one is feeling judge'y while reading this because it really does sound ridiculous and I also just used the word judge'y!

I love the love that Jerry has for Holly. Although they have a sad ending to their life together their love will be forever and I want that. Not the sad ending but the love. When they first meet in Ireland they fall for each other there and then but they don't plan to see each other again until fate brings them back together in a busy pub (the Galway girl scene). It might sound typical and cheesy to other people but its exactly the kind of story I fall for, every time.


I wonder when I will meet my dream man. All I want it someone who will love me 'til the end, will write a song for me and sing it to me in a crowded bar...

Not much really.


                                         I want to be someone's Galway Girl but for now I'm

No comments:

Post a Comment